Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
An increased risk of suicide is associated with a number of mental health problems and care settings.
Suicide in different diagnostic groups[edit | edit source]
Suicide in different healthcare settings[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References & Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Key texts[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
- Bongar, B., Berman, A.L., Maris, R.W., Silverman, M.M., Harris, E.A., & Packman, W.L. (Eds.). (1998). Risk management with suicidal patients. New York: Guilford Press.
- Kleespies, P.M. (Ed.). (1998). Emergencies in mental health practice: Evaluation and management. New York: Guilford Press.
Papers[edit | edit source]
- Appleby, L., Shaw, J., Amos, T., McDonnell, R., Davies, S., Harris, C., McCann, K., Firth, C., & Douglas, A. (1997). The national confidential inquiry into suicide and homicide by people with mental illness. Progress report 1997. London: Department of Health.
- Barraclough, B., Bunch, J., Nelson, B., & Sainsbury, P. (1974). A hundred cases of suicide: Clinical aspects. British Journal of Psychiatry, 125, 355-373.
- Foster, T., Gillespie, K., McClelland, R., & Patterson, C. (1999). Risk factors for suicide independent of DSM-II-R Axis I disorder. British Journal of Psychiatry, 175, 175-179.
- Harris, E.D., & Barraclough, B. (1997). Suicide as an outcome for mental disorders. British Journal of Psychiatry, 170, 205-228.
- Henriksson, M.M., Aro, H.M., Marttunen, M.J., Heikkinen, M., Isometa, E.T., Kuoppasalmi, K.I., & Lonqvist, J.K. (1993). Mental disorders and comorbidity in suicide. American Journal of Psychiatry, 150, 935-940.
- Kessler, R.C., Nelson, C.B., McKinagle, K.A., Edlund, M.J., Frank, R.G., & Leaf, P.L. (1996). The epidemiology of co-occurring addictive and mental disorders: Implications for prevention and service utilization. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 66, 17-31.
- Tanney, B.L. (2000). Psychiatric diagnoses and suicidal acts. In R.W. Maris, A.L. Berman, & M.M. Silverman (Eds.), Comprehensive textbook of suicidology (pp. 311-341). New York: Guilford Press.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (1999). Mental health: A report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health.