Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Professor Stephen Muggleton FBCS, FIET, FAAAI, FREng (born December 6, 1959) is Head of the Computational Bioinformatics Laboratory at Imperial College London. He received his BSc in Computer Science (1982) and PhD in Artificial Intelligence (1986) where he was supervised by Donald Michie from the University of Edinburgh. He went on to work as a post-doctoral research at the Turing Institute in Glasgow (1987–1991) and later an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow at Oxford University Computing Laboratory (1992–1997).
From 1997–2001 he held the Chair of Machine Learning at the University of York and from 2001–2006 the EPSRC Chair of Computational Bioinformatics at Imperial College in London. Since 2007 he holds the Royal Academy of Engineering Research Chair as well as the post of Director of Modelling for the Imperial College Centre for Integrated Systems Biology. He is known for founding the field of Inductive logic programming. In this field he has made contributions to theory introducing predicate invention, inverse entailment and stochastic logic programs. He has also played a role in systems development where he was instrumental in the systems Duce, Golem and Progol and applications — especially biological prediction tasks.
- http://www.raeng.org.uk/research/researcher/chairs/currentapp.htm Research Chairs: Current and Recently Completed at the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Professor Stephen H. Muggleton. Academic staff list. Imperial College. URL accessed on 8 August 2010.
- Prof Stephen Muggleton. The Royal Institution of Great Britain. URL accessed on 8 August 2010.
- DOI:10.1007/BF03037227 10.1007/BF03037227
- Muggleton, Stephen; Page, D. Srinivasan, A. (August 1996). "2" Stephen Muggleton An initial experiment into stereochemistry-based drug design using Inductive Logic Programming (Paper) (in English), 15, Springer-Verlag. URL accessed 8 August 2010.
- Golem. AI Japanese Institute for Science. URL accessed on 8 August 2010.
- (1994) Machine learning: a multistrategy approach (Book) (in English), 780, Morgan Kaufmann. URL accessed 8 August 2010.
- PMID 14724639 (PMID 14724639)
- (2007). What computing can teach biology, and vice versa. (Subscription magazine) The Economist. URL accessed on 8 August 2010.
- Grants awarded to Stephen Muggleton by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Stephen Muggleton publications on DBLP
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|