Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Sibling rivalry is a type of rivalry among siblings, blood-related or not. The likelihood of sibling rivalry is more if the siblings are of the same sex.
Origin of sibling rivalry[edit | edit source]
- Constant comparision of the siblings by parents
- Competition for time, attention, love and approval of parents
Consequences[edit | edit source]
- Sibling rivalry can cause family problems and hurt the children's relationship with their parents.
Famous sibling rivalry instances[edit | edit source]
- Cain and Abel from the Bible -- the sibling rivalry resulted in Cain killing Abel
- Asha Bhosle and Lata Mangeshkar are on friendly terms now, but during the zenith of their careers, they were huge rivals. See Asha_Bhosle#Rivalry_with_Lata_Mangeshkar
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sibling rivalry and everyone (and notonly parents) should care about this age-old problem by William Antonio Boyle, Ph.D.