Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Recent events[edit | edit source]
- 1990-The emergence of managed care prompts the APA to become more political, leading to the idea of Prescribing Psychologists and equity in mental health coverage.
- 1995-First Psychologists prescribe medication through the U.S. military's psychopharmacology program.
- 1999-Psychologists in Guam gain prescription privileges for psychotropic medication.
- 2002-New Mexico becomes the first state to pass legislation allowing licensed psychologists to prescribe psychotropic medication.
Arguments for[edit | edit source]
Arguments against[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Prescribing (drugs)
- Prescription drugs
- Prescriptive authority for psychologists movement
- Prescribing rights for psychologists course
- Procedures for awarding prescribing rights to clinical psychologists by country
References[edit | edit source]
- Pagliaro, L(1998) Psychologists' Psychotropic Drug Reference. Routledge. ISBN 0876309643
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- American Psychological Association (2011). Practice guidelines regarding psychologists’ involvement in pharmacological issues. American psychologist, 66(9), 835-849. doi: 10.1037/a0025890
- Ericson, Robert. (2002 ). Prescription Privilege Based on Proven Model. Albuquerque Journal.
- Fagan, T.J., Ax, R.K, Liss, M., Resnick, R.J., Moody, S.. (2007). Prescriptive authority and preferences for training. Professional psychology: Research and practice, 38(1), 104-111.
- Fox, R.E., DeLeon, P.H., Newman, R., Sammons, M.T., Dunivin, D.L., Backer, D.C.. (2009). Prescriptive authority and psychology: A status report. American Psychologist, 64(4), 257-268.
- Heiby, E., DeLeon, P., and Anderson, T. (2004). A Debate on Prescription Privileges for Psychologists. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 35(4), 336.
- Holloway, Jennifer. (2004). Gaining prescriptive knowledge. Monitor on Psychology, 35(6), 22
- King, Craig. (2006). Prescriptive Authority for Psychologists Working in the Public Sector: Is it Needed? Public Service Psychology, 31(1), 2.
- Munsey, Christopher (June, 2006). "RxP legislation made historic progress in Hawaii". APA Monitor. Retrieved 4/11/2007.
- Murray, Bridget (October 2003). "A Brief History of RxP". APA Monitor. Retrieved 4/11/2007.
- NAPPP. (2006). NAPPP Sponsors Prescriptive Authority Legislation. Retrieved July 28, 2007.
- Soares, Christine (July, 2002). "Inner Turmoil: Prescription privileges make some psychologists anxious". Scientific American.