Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Parenting skills are skills that parents need in order to fulfil their dutuies as parents.
- 1 Parental duties
- 2 Definition of parenting skills
- 3 Parenting skills assessment
- 4 Parent education programms
- 5 See also
- 6 References & Bibliography
- 7 Key texts
- 8 Additional material
- 9 External links
There is general consensus around parents providing the basic necessities, with increasing interest in children's rights within the home environment.
Providing physical security
Providing physical security refers to a safety of a child's body, safety of a child's life.
- To provide physical safety: shelter, clothes, nourishment
- To protect a child from dangers; physical care
- To care for a child's health
Providing physical development
- To provide a child with the means to develop physically
- To train the body of a child, to introduce to sport
- To develop habits of health
- Physical games
Providing intellectual security
Intellectual security refers to the conditions, in which a child's mind can develop. If the child's dignity is safe, that is nobody encroaches upon a child physically or verbally, then he is able to learn.
- To provide an atmosphere of peace and justice in family, where no one's dignity is encroached upon.
- To provide "no-fear," "no-threat, "no-verbal abuse" environment
- To spend bonding times and share wonderful moments with children
Providing intellectual development
- Reading, writing, calculating etc.
- Intellectual games
- Social skills and etiquette
- Moral and spiritual development.
Providing emotional security
To provide security to a child is to help protect and shield the child's fragile psyche. It is to provide a safe loving environment, give a child a sense of being loved, being needed, welcomed.
- To give a child a sense of being loved through:
Providing emotional development
Emotional development refers to giving a child an opportunity to love other people, to care, to help.
- Developing in a child an ability to love through:
Definition of parenting skills
In order to be able to achieve these goals parents need the folowing skills
Parenting skills assessment
Parent education programms
- Main article: Parent education program