Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Parathyroid hormone receptor 2
|RNA expression pattern|
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the G-protein coupled receptor family 2. This protein is a receptor for parathyroid hormone (PTH). This receptor is more selective in ligand recognition and has a more specific tissue distribution compared to parathyroid hormone receptor 1 (PTHR1). It is activated only by PTH and not by parathyroid hormone-like hormone (PTHLH) and is particularly abundant in brain and pancreas.
- Usdin TB, Gruber C, Bonner TI (1995). Identification and functional expression of a receptor selectively recognizing parathyroid hormone, the PTH2 receptor.. J. Biol. Chem. 270 (26): 15455–8.
- Usdin TB, Modi W, Bonner TI (1997). Assignment of the human PTH2 receptor gene (PTHR2) to chromosome 2q33 by fluorescence in situ hybridization.. Genomics 37 (1): 140–1.
- Clark JA, Bonner TI, Kim AS, Usdin TB (1998). Multiple regions of ligand discrimination revealed by analysis of chimeric parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) and PTH/PTH-related peptide (PTHrP) receptors.. Mol. Endocrinol. 12 (2): 193–206.
- Hoare SR, Clark JA, Usdin TB (2000). Molecular determinants of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) selectivity for the parathyroid hormone-2 (PTH2) receptor. N-terminal truncation of TIP39 reverses PTH2 receptor/PTH1 receptor binding selectivity.. J. Biol. Chem. 275 (35): 27274–83.
- John MR, Arai M, Rubin DA, et al. (2002). Identification and characterization of the murine and human gene encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues.. Endocrinology 143 (3): 1047–57.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903.
- Seeliger S, Hausberg M, Eue I, et al. (2003). The parathyroid hormone-2 receptor is expressed on human leukocytes and down-regulated in hyperparathyroidism.. Clin. Nephrol. 59 (6): 429–35.
- Bisello A, Manen D, Pierroz DD, et al. (2004). Agonist-specific regulation of parathyroid hormone (PTH) receptor type 2 activity: structural and functional analysis of PTH- and tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP) 39-stimulated desensitization and internalization.. Mol. Endocrinol. 18 (6): 1486–98.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).. Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7.
- Mahon MJ, Shimada M (2005). Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptors.. FEBS Lett. 579 (3): 803–7.
- Parathyroid Hormone Receptors: PTH2. IUPHAR Database of Receptors and Ion Channels. International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology.
- MeSH Receptor,+Parathyroid+Hormone,+Type+2
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|