Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
She was home-schooled by her mother (Katharine Cook Briggs, January 3, 1875 – 1968) and went on to earn a bachelor's degree in political science from Swarthmore College. The mother read Carl Jung's book, Psychological Types and recommended it to Myers; they then formulated the MBTI together. Later in life, she collaborated with Mary McCaulley to conduct tests of her research and of the MBTI.
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Myers, I ((1995) Gifts differing:Understanding personality type. Davies-Black Publishing,U.S. ISBN 089106074X
- Myers, I ((1990)Introduction to Type: A Description of the Theory and Applications of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Centre for Applications of Psychological Type Inc ISBN 093565206X
Further reading[edit | edit source]
Saunders F W (1991) Katharine and Isabel: Mother's Light, Daughter's Journey. Davies-Black Publishing,U.S. ISBN 0891060499 A biography of Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers.
[edit | edit source]
- Biographical information on Isabel Myers
- Additional biographical information on Isabel Myers
- Descriptions of psychological types according to the Myers-Briggs typology
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|