Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Diane F. Halpern is an American psychologist.
Halpern received her B.A. from University of Pennsylvania and an M.A. from Temple University. She then received an M.A., from University of Cincinnati, followed by a Ph.D. from that institution in 1979.
She is currently Professor of Psychology and Director of the Berger Institute for Work, Family, and Children at Claremont McKenna College.
Halpern was elected president of the American Psychological Association in 2004
Halpern has won awards for her teaching and research, including:
- 2002 Outstanding Professor Award from the Western Psychological Association
- 1999 American Psychological Foundation (APF) Charles L. Brewer Distinguished Teaching Award
- 1996 Distinguished Career Award for Contributions to Education given by the American Psychological Association
- 1996 California State University's State-Wide Outstanding Professor Award
- 1996 Outstanding Alumna Award from the University of Cincinnati
- 1996 Silver Medal Award from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Wang Family Excellence Award
- G. Stanley Hall Lecture Award from the American Psychological Association.
|Diane F. Halpern elected APA President
Ronald F. Levant
- Halpern, D. F. & Murphy, S.E. (Eds.). (2005). From Work-Family Balance to Work-Family Interaction: Changing the Metaphor. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Publishers.
- Halpern, D. F. (2003). Thought and Knowledge: An Introduction to Critical Thinking (4th Edition). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Publishers. Also published in Russian (2003).
- Halpern, D. F. & Riggio, H. (2003). Thinking Critically About Critical Thinking (4th ed.) Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Publishers. (with separate instructors' manual)
- Halpern, D. F., & Hakel, M. D. (Eds.), (2002). Applying the Science of Learning to the University and Beyond. New Directions for Teaching and Learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Halpern, D. F. (2000). Sex Differences in Cognitive Abilities (3rd Edition). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, Associates, Inc. Publishers.
- Halpern, D. F., & Voiskounsky, A. E. (Eds.), (1997). States of Mind: American & Post-Soviet Perspectives on Contemporary Issues in Psychology. NY: Oxford University Press.
- Halpern, D.F. (2005). "How time-flexible work policies can reduce stress, improve health, and save money". Stress and Health, 21.
- Halpern, D. F. (2004). "A cognitive-process taxonomy for sex differences in cognitive abilities". Current Directions in Psychological Science, 13 (4), 135-139.
- Halpern, D. F., & Hakel, M. D. (2003). "Applying the Science of Learning to the University and Beyond: Teaching for Long-Term Retention and Transfer". Change, July/August, 2-13.
- Halpern, D. F. (1997). Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum: A Brief Edition of Thought and Knowledge. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Also published in Spanish (2000).
- Diane F. Halpern profile via Edge magazine
- Diane F. Halpern website via Claremont McKenna College
- Candidate statement for her successful bid for APA president.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|