Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Aptitude measures are tests designed to measure aptitude the capacity to acquire skills or to perform tasks in the future. Ability tests are tests designed to evaluate already existing mental or physical abilites.
Aptitudes are generally tested in the form of an Aptitude Battery which tests a large number of aptitudes at one time with a series of small tests for each aptitude. Aptitude batteries may lean more toward innate aptitudes or more toward learned skills. Aptitude batteries that lean toward aptitudes are often useful in selecting a career. The leading researchers and purveyors of aptitude tests are:
- The Vocational Research Institute which produces a test used in schools and agencies that combines interest and aptitude for career guidance is Careerscope.
- The Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation (JORF) is the original aptitude assessment organization. It produces the Johnson O'Connor Aptitude Battery (JOAB).
- The Highlands Company is a spinoff of the Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation. It produces and the Highland Ability Battery.
- The Ball Foundation produces the Ball Aptitude Battery.
List of general aptitude measure
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery
- Army General Classification Test
- College Entrance Examination Board Scholastic Aptitude Test
- Differential Aptitude tests
- Differential Ability Scales
- General Aptitude Test Battery
- Graduate Record Examination
- Raven Progressive Matrices Test.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT),
Language aptitude tests
Social and communication abilities
- Communication skills measures
- Employee skills measures
- Nonverbal ability measures
- Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test
- Social skills measures
- Artistic ability measures
- Mathematical ability measures
- Mechanical aptitude measures
- Motor skills measures
- Spatial ability measures
- Self care skills measures
- Physical agility measures
- Activities of daily living measures
- Navigation measures
- Wonderlic Test
Others for sorting
- Multifactor leadership questionnaire (MLQ) / Bernard Bass and Bruce Avolio. Redwood City, CA : Mind Garden, 1995.
- Vocational interest inventory, revised (VII-R) / Patricia W. Lunnebog. Los Angeles, CA : WPS, 1993.
- Wonderlic basic skills test / Wonderlic Personnel Test, Inc. Libertyville, IL :Wonderlic Personnel Test, Inc., 1995. p
- Wonderlic personnel test (WPI) / Wonderlic Personnel Test, Inc.. Libertyville, IL : Wonderlic, c.1959, 1997.
- Woodcock-Johnson Psycho-Educational Battery, Revised / Richard M. Woodcock, M. Bonner Johnson, and Nancy Mather. Chicago, IL : Riverside Publishing, 1989, 1990.