Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Division 1 - Society for General Psychology. This was the first division formed by the APA, in 1945, and its mission is to settle issues across the subdisciplines of psychology.
- Division 2 - Society for the Teaching of Psychology. This division provides free teaching material for students and teachers of psychology and bestows many awards.
- Division 3 - Experimental Psychology
- Division 4 - Currently vacant. Initially the Psychometric Society, which decided against becoming a APA division
- Division 5 - Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics
- Division 6 - Behavioral Neuroscience and Comparative Psychology
- Division 7 - Developmental Psychology. Apart from its core activities, this division also publishes journals on education research and on psychology-related education topics.
- Division 8 - Society for Personality and Social Psychology
- Division 9 - Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI)
- Division 10 - Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity and the Arts
- Division 11 - Currently vacant. Initially Abnormal Psychology and Psychotherapy, joined division 12 in 1946
- Division 12 - Society of Clinical Psychology. This division was established in 1948 with 482 members. In 1962 it created clinical child psychology as its first section.
- Division 13 - Society of Consulting Psychology
- Division 14 - Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Division 15 - Educational Psychology
- Division 16 - School Psychology. This division was originally formed as the Division of School Psychologists in 1945 and renamed in 1969.
- Division 17 - Society of Counseling Psychology
- Division 18 - Psychologists in Public Service
- Division 19 - Society for Military Psychology
- Division 20 - Adult Development and Aging
- Division 21 - Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology
- Division 22 - Rehabilitation Psychology
- Division 23 - Society for Consumer Psychology
- Division 24 - Society for Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology
- Division 25 - Behavior Analysis
- Division 26 - Society for the History of Psychology
- Division 27 - Society for Community Research and Action: Division of Community Psychology
- Division 28 - Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- Division 29 - Psychotherapy
- Division 30 - Society of Psychological Hypnosis
- Division 31 - State, Provincial and Territorial Psychological Association Affairs
- Division 32 - Society for Humanistic Psychology
- Division 33 - Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Division 34 - Society for Environmental, Population and Conservation Psychology
- Division 35 - Society for the Psychology of Women
- Division 36 - Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality
- Division 37 - Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice
- Division 38 - Health Psychology
- Division 39 - Psychoanalysis
- Division 40 - Clinical Neuropsychology
- Division 41 - American Psychology-Law Society
- Division 42 - Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Division 43 - Society for Family Psychology
- Division 44 - Society for the Psychological Study of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues
- Division 45 - Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues
- Division 46 - Media Psychology
- Division 47 - Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Division 48 - Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence: Peace Psychology Division
- Division 49 - Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy
- Division 50 - Society of Addiction Psychology
- Division 51 - Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity
- Division 52 - International Psychology
- Division 53 - Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Division 54 - Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Division 55 - American Society for the Advancement of Pharmacotherapy
- Division 56 - Trauma Psychology. This division addresses issues of trauma with projects, working groups and via collaborations.
References[edit | edit source]
- Divisions of APA. American Psychological Association. URL accessed on 2012-03-12.
- Social psychology network. Social Psychology Network. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- Kendra Cherry. Division 2 - teaching of psychology. About.com (New York Times group). URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- APA Division 16 School Psychology- President's Message, Worrell, F. C. (2007). Beyond Division16, Inside APA. The School Pychologist 61 (1): 1-28.
- What organizations are doing to improve math and science education: American psychological association: Research. US Department of Education. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- Donald K. Routh. Clinical psychology since 1917: Science, practice and organization, 40-42, New York, NY: Springer.
- "American Psychological Association—Division 16 (School Psychology)". Encyclopedia of School Psychology. (2004). New York, NY: Springer. ISBN 978-0306484803.
- ISTSS: Global connections: International collaborators and affiliates. International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|