Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Academic Search (ISSN 1097-0886, LCCN sn97001287) is a monthly indexing service. It was first published in 1997 by EBSCO Publishing in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Its academic focus was international universities, covering social science, education, psychology, and other subjects. Publishing formats covered were academic journals, magazines, newspapers, and CD-ROM. Global in scope, 870 periodicals were indexed and abstracted. With back-files to 1990, it covered more than 3 million articles.
Academic Search Complete[edit | edit source]
Academic Search Complete was first published in 2007, and is formerly known as Academic Premier. It is an indexing and abstracting service, accessible via the World Wide Web. Coverage includes more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, Academic Complete (formerly Premier ) offers indexing and abstracts for more than 10,100 journals and a total of more than 10,600 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, among others. Although coverage is from 1965 to the present, PDF back-file content coverage is from 1887.
Subject areas covered include: animal science, anthropology, area studies, astronomy, biology, chemistry, civil engineering, electrical engineering, ethnic & multicultural studies, food science including relate technology, general science, geography, geology, law, materials science, mathematics, mechanical engineering, music, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, psychology, religion & theology, veterinary science, women's studies, zoology and other fields. It is updated on a daily basis.
Field searches include full text articles (references can be included), academic journal titles, author, publication dates, abstracts, summations, cited references, and relevant images. Article results can also include thumbnail images.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Academic publishing
- Academic databases and search engines
- List of academic journal search engines
- List of academic databases and search engines
References[edit | edit source]
- Catalog record. (Online) Bibliographic information for Academic Search. Library of Congress. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
- Catalog record. (Online) Bibliographic information for Academic Search. World Cat. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
- Databases and Resources at the Library of Congress. (Public domain) Description of Academic Search Complete. U.S. Library of Congress. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
- Catalog record. (Online) Bibliographic information for Academic Search Complete. Binghamton University Libraries. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
- CLIO - Catalog record. (Online) Bibliographic information with description for Academic Search Complete. Columbia University Libraries. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
- (2010). Valencia - Catalog record. (Online) Description of Academic Search Complete. Valencia Community College. URL accessed on 2001-11-20.
[edit | edit source]
- (2007). Academic Search Premier.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|